Fel-Pro® 100 Stories in 100 Hours Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”)
2018 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, PUERTO RICO, AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC). DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, PUERTO RICO, OR CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED. Subject to all applicable federal, state, PROVINCIAL, and local laws and regulations.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, U.S. Territory of Puerto Rico, and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18 years of age or older, and the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence (19 in Alabama, Nebraska, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Yukon, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories) at the time of entry. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win the prize: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Federal-Mogul Motorparts LLC (“Sponsor”), their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, legal, administrative, and sweepstakes agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes). Void in Quebec and where prohibited.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes will run for one-hundred (100) consecutive hours, beginning on April 5, 2018 at 9:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on April 9, 2018 at 12:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Website (as defined below) server is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible entrants may visit the Sweepstakes registration page on the Sponsor’s website at www.FelPro100.com (the “Website”) to complete the registration form. Entrants must supply their full name, mailing address (no P.O. boxes), and email address; submit a testimonial (100 word minimum, 300 word maximum) telling your story and experience installing Fel-Pro products; and optional, upload one (1) photo (“Photo”) or one video (“Video”) with your Fel-Pro products to receive one (1) entry (together, an “Entry”) into the Sweepstakes. For an Entry to be valid, entrant must complete the registration form with all required information and supply a testimonial. The upload of one (1) Photo/Video is optional. However, testimonial, Photo, and/or Video content will not be judged. Any incomplete Entries will be considered ineligible.
The first one-hundred (100) entrants to supply a valid entry will receive a Fel-Pro® swag package valued at $50.00 USD. The swag package will be sent to the address given on the entrant’s registration form within six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the end of the promotion. Standard data rates may apply if you access the Website from your mobile device, and you are solely responsible for any such charges.
Limit one (1) Entry per person/household (based on street address). Automated means of participation are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Enter using only the email account registered in your name. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the entrant, the natural person associated with the email account associated with the Entry will be considered the entrant. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions. For your Entry to be valid, you must complete and submit all required information.
All Photos must be 5MB or less, and in one of the following file formats: .jpg, .png or .tiff. If individuals other than the entrant clearly appear in the Photo or Video, the entrant must have permission from each individual to use, share, and display the Photo or Video in any and all media without compensation. Entries must be the original work of the entrant; may not have won previous awards; may not have been used publicly previously by the entrant or any third party including as an Entry in this Sweepstakes; must not infringe on any third party’s rights; must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent); must not contain obscene or pornographic material; may not contain defamatory statements; may not invade privacy, publicity, or other rights of any person, firm or entity; may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations; may not contain any reference to any third party trademarks, names, or third party logos; and may not contain any copyrighted works owned by third parties. Entries that are deemed by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Official Rules or to be otherwise infringing, harmful, inappropriate, defamatory, or generally not in keeping with the image of Sponsor, may be rejected and will not be eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and may be removed from the Website. Each Entry must be suitable for display and publication in all forms of media, including but not limited to the Internet, the World Wide Web, print, radio, and network, cable or satellite television broadcast. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide royalty-free license (and entrant waives all moral rights in and to the Entry, including without limitation the Photo/Video) to display, reproduce, distribute, publish, perform, edit, otherwise use the Entry (including without limitation the Photo/Video) for advertising and promotional purposes, including the display of the Entry (including without limitation the Photo/Video) in any and all media (including posting on the Website), and without compensation or consideration to the entrant, whether or not such Entry is selected as a winning Entry. For clarity, Sponsor has the right (but not the obligation) to publish any Entry (including without limitation the Photo/Video) in any and all media (including posting on the Website) and as Sponsor otherwise so chooses.
If selected as a potential winner, you further agree to grant Sponsor and its agents the unconditional, irrevocable, worldwide right and license to publish, use, adapt, edit, and/or modify the Entry or any part thereof (including the Photo/Video) in any way, including each component of the Entry, together or separately, in whole or in part, in any and all media, now known or hereafter developed, without limitation, and without additional compensation or consideration to you other than the delivery of your prize, and to execute any additional licenses or legal documents reflecting such grant of rights.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY AND/OR ACCEPTING PRIZE, EACH ENTRANT (AND WINNER WHERE APPLICABLE) REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT HE/SHE HAS ALL RIGHT, TITLE, AND INTEREST NECESSARY TO GRANT THE SPONSOR AND THE SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES THE RELEVANT RIGHTS DESCRIBED ABOVE AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SPONSOR AND THE SWEEPSTAKES PARTIES HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS TO THE CONTRARY. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not monitor/screen Entries prior to posting them on the Website. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE AND/OR DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY PHOTO/VIDEO) IT DEEMS, IN ITS SOLE, SUBJECTIVE DETERMINATION, TO BE INAPPROPRIATE WITHOUT ANY OBLIGATION TO ENGAGE IN ANY COMMUNICATION, COMMENT OR DISCUSSION ABOUT ANY SUCH ENTRY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY PHOTO/VIDEO) AND/OR ANY DECISION TO REMOVE AND/OR DISQUALIFY SUCH ENTRY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY PHOTO/VIDEO). ALL DECISIONS OF SPONSOR ARE FINAL.
4. DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Drawing will be conducted, from all eligible Entries received, on or about April 11, 2018, in Elmhurst, Illinois, U.S.A., by a third party promotion administrator, whose decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. PRIZE AND VALUE:
One (1) Grand Prize: a $500.00 USD Fel-Pro gear gift card, to be redeemed at BuyFelProGear.com.
Fel-Pro gift cards are subject to the restrictions, terms, and conditions set by the issuer.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize is non-transferable and no prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value.
By participating in this Sweepstakes and submitting an Entry, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements; and (ii) to release and hold the Sweepstakes Parties, including without limitation Sponsor, harmless from and against any and all claims, injuries, damages, losses and liability that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt or use of the prize. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: The potential Grand Prize winner is subject to verification, including verification of age and may be required to execute other legal documents set forth in these Official Rules in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted on or about April 23, 2018 via the email address collected at the time of registration and will be required to respond via email/phone within two (2) business days of the attempted notification to claim the Grand Prize. Upon Sponsor’s receipt of the potential Grand Prize winner’s return response, the potential Grand Prize winner will be sent, via email, a Prize Claim form that will need to be completed, signed, and returned within three (3) business days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited.
If the potential winner is a Canadian resident, he/she will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question in order to receive the prize.
If the potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant, even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been publicly announced. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Sponsor has no obligation to post any information regarding the award of the prize on the Website or elsewhere or to give out such information by telephone, fax, mail, email or by any other means of communication, but may do so it its sole discretion.
Prize Delivery: The Grand Prize will be send to the address provided at the time of verification, within 6-8 weeks after verification.
Taxes: The Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any federal, state, provincial or local taxes on the prize awarded.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process; to cancel, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes; and, if terminated, randomly select a winner for the Sweepstakes from among all non-suspect, eligible Entries received prior to cancellation of the Sweepstakes. In the event that an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another Entry into the Sweepstakes.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties, (collectively, “Releasees”) resulting from user's participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Releasees for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Releasees are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on promotional materials or on the Website. Use of the Website is at user’s own risk. Releasees are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, use of the Website or the download of any information from the Website, or any other loss related to user’s participation in the Sweepstakes or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of the prize.
10. BINDING ARBITRATION: These Official Rules, the Sweepstakes and any cause of action arising from the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. (exclusive of its choice of law provisions). Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by final and binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of and shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator, with the proceedings to be held in Southfield, Michigan, U.S.A. and, in the case of any appeal permitted under those rules, exclusive jurisdiction and venue will rest with the federal and state courts in the State of Michigan, U.S.A., County of Oakland. Each party shall bear his/her own legal expenses in such arbitration. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR THE PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
11. PUBLICITY: Except in Tennessee, U.S.A., and where prohibited by law, by accepting the prize, winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, and address (city and state/province/territory), photograph, voice, image, Entry, and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on the Website) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice and without additional compensation. If you are selected as the winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner list.
12. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 10 of these Official Rules, and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall be resolved exclusively in the federal, state and local courts located in Oakland County, Michigan, U.S.A. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
13. NAME OF WINNERS: The names of the first one-hundred (100) entrants to supply a valid entry and receive a Fel-Pro® swag package and the name of the Sweepstakes winner will be posted on the Website after verification, and will be available through April 30, 2018.
15. SPONSOR: Federal-Mogul Motorparts LLC, 27300 W 11 Mile Road, Southfield, Michigan 48034 USA.